Re: Rescue mode: cannot fix boot after raid1 repair

On Fri, 07 Nov 2014, Ron Leach wrote:
> Late on, I found another Lenny CD1 (Lenny 5.0.6) which read fine and,
> with that rescue system, managed to install Grub onto /dev/sdb though,
> on reboot, it only reached a Grub prompt.

Cool; glad you were able to get this to work.

I probably wasn't clear enough in my original e-mail that I suggested
that you use grub after chrooting into your lenny system. In other
words, use grub that you already had installed, not the one on the
rescue media.

And let me also make a plea for you to strongly consider upgrading this
system to at least squeeze, and hopefully wheezy. Lenny has been EOLed
for quite some time, and has known security exploits.

"You have many years to live--do things you will be proud to remember
when you are old."
 -- Shinka proverb. (John Brunner _Stand On Zanzibar_ p413)