Re: Cannot make update-alternatives do what I want -- workaround

I got around the problem described above -- perhaps the long way around -- first by purging that old version of Iceape. Doing so made Iceweasel the sole browser mentioned in the x-www-browser section of /etc/alternatives.

To provide a simple composer that I am used to I installed the latest version of Seamonkey directly from its website. It is unfortunate that I have to install all of Seamonkey just to get the one part I want. Also, this installation is not part of the Debian package management system.

So my question now is whether there is in the Debian system an equivalent to the simple composer now provided in Seamonkey and formerly in Iceape. It does not appear that Iceape will ever again appear as a Debian package.

Regards, Ken