Re: Debian-Live 7.6.0 usb username & password?

On 11/06/2014 08:15 PM, me@raseone.com wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I am attempting to run Debian-Live 7.6.0 from a usb drive (version
> found
> here http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/bt-hybrid/) and
> I am unable to log in to the default user or root account.
>
> I have done extensive searches 4 or 5 times and tried all of the
> common combos such as user/live, live/live, debian/debian, root/blank
> and many others with no luck. I have gone through the available
> manuals, checked the various FAQs and guides & really spent quite a
> few hours searching & posting this question.
>
> The USB drive mounts & boots beautifully, command lines runs fine &
> progresses to the GUIO but I can not get past the initial log in.
>
> I see this question posted in a large number of places but no
> indication of any working solution. I am willing to try intervening
> and editing a config file to set up a new user account or rest it but
> it opens into GUi so fast & not sure how to do it.
>
> I am a beginner/intermediate type of user but not a total noob so
> please, any help would be appreciated.

Did you try to start the safe boot (2nd line of grub at boot time) ?
It should log you into the root account automatically and you will
then be able to figure out some things.

Best regards,

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce