Re: forks, derivatives, other distros - what are you thinking/doing

On Mi, 05 nov 14, 09:32:57, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> 3. What other options/initiatives are you aware of that you've
> discarded or otherwise are not considering, and why?

Not sure why you're not considering Debian GNU/kFreeBSD. Due to the BSD
kernel it's guaranteed to not have systemd, not even the libraries, and
it's still Debian.

> - I'm specifically concerned about the impacts of upgrading to Jessie, in
> terms of having to re-wire collections of packages, configuration,
> initialization scripts, etc. that are supporting several production systems.
> All reports I've seen suggest that I'll end up with servers out of
> commission for a while, and more than a few sleepless nights.

In my opinion it's a pity you rely only on reports from others and don't
try it out for yourself.

Kind regards,
Andrei