Re: debian update + systemd + broken

> I like to share my horrible experience with debian (testing branch) update done few hours back and the consequences.

I guess that it's always important to read  well the mailing list
dedicated before to update in testing
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-testing-changes/) and read each
report if it's about delicate programs.
Update with blind eyes it's very dangerous in testing! Otherwise there
is the stable version.

> I see I got a new systemd service. but this can't properly mount my LVM partitions and always land me into the maintenance mode.  Though can mount then the lvm partitions manually but no graphics, no virtual terminal. Then I purged systemd which automatically installed sysvinit and rebooted... still same result.

I have never seen any debian netinstall choose the systemd option as
default, I get the impression that perhaps you have decided to install
systemd manually.....is it right ?

> Installed systemd again , no change, BUT WAIT..... if I execute "exit" command from maintenance, it put me into normal graphical mode.
> OK, now I got it few times... first it put me into maintenance after boot, then exit command puts me into mode 2 with all LVM mounted properly.

You could try to restart again from netinstall cd and the next time
not install systemd until there will not an official comunication.
this is my advice trusted.

Sysv init is still alive and it works very well.

Cheers.
Carlo.