Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

Le mercredi, 5 novembre 2014, 09.21:26 Jerry Stuckle a écrit :
> On 11/5/2014 2:37 AM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Discussions about possible forks are off-topic on debian-user,
> > please re-read the list topic:
> > From https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ :
> >> Community assistance and support for Debian users.
> >> Support for Debian users who speak English
> >
> > Thanks in advance for moving this "discussion about possible forks"
> > elsewhere; there's d-community-offtopic[0] if you need a
> > Debian-hosted forum.
>
> I disagree.  This is ALL about Debian and Debian users.

Please re-read what I wrote, I'm not claiming it's not related to
Debian, at all; I'm claiming that the discussion is not on-topic for
debian-user, which is not a generic discussion forum, but a list
specifically focused on "community assistance and support for Debian
users".

> Just because YOU don't like the idea of a fork does not mean other
> Debian users aren't interested.

I'm entirely neutral to the idea of a Debian fork; I am just pointing
out that this off-topic discussion is hijacking debian-user and that
it's not Debian's responsibility to host discussion about possible
forks. I'll go as far as saying that it _is_ Debian's responsibility to
make sure its resources are properly used for the actual _assistance_ of
its users. Keeping list discussions on-topic is one way of ensuring
this.

> And the advantages and disadvantages of a fork should be of interest
> to all Debian users.

Discussions about the advantages and disadvantages of Ubuntu or Mint are
not on-topic for debian-user either. At least these forks/derivatives
_exist_.

OdyX