Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

Le Tue, 04 Nov 2014 22:00:12 -0500,
Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> a écrit :

[...]

> - SUSE seems to be moving down the systemd path, but with less
> aggregation (e.g., systemd w/o journald)

I personally didn't checked, but I can bet money on it if you want,
that SLES 12 is doing _exactly_ what debian IS doing, aka installing a
regular syslog daemon and not creating a /var/log/journal directory
meaning that the journal is in memory only and not saved across reboot.
But journald daemon will be still running.

The following URL seems to confirm that:
https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-12/book_sle_admin/data/journalctl_persistent.html