Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

An opinion from a very new debian user...

On 11/4/2014 5:09 PM, Laurent Bigonville <bigon@debian.org> wrote:
> http://debianfork.org/:
>
> "If systemd will be substituting sysvinit in Debian, we will fork the
> project and create a new distro. We hope this won't be necessary, but
> we are well prepared for it."
>
> I call that a threat. And the same kind of message are all around the
> debian mailing lists and other social media.

It isn't a threat, it is a simple declaration of intent.

Personally I think the biggest issue with Jessie at present is the
inability to do a clean install with sysvinit rather than systemd as the
init system.

Seems to me like an underhanded back-door way to *force* people into at
least trying it, as I imagine most regular users will do that rather
than immediately go through the pain of switching to sysvinit and
purging systemd.

If that one thing is fixed before Jessie hist release status, then I
would say it would eliminate pretty much all of the major (relevant)
arguments against this experiment...