Re: Debian 6.2 and Systemd ?

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 11:49:57 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > When I install, I set up partitions with labels.  This avoids UUIDs and
> > > uses labels instead.

> > Many thanks; for setting the partitions with labels, is that an option in
> > the install ? (Remember, I am new to Debian  ;-3)

> Yes.  You need to go for manual partitioning.  But that is worth doing anyway.

Yes, given that I have for a long time used separate partitions for /boot, /var, and /home.

> Then one of the options is setting a label.
> I don't know for sure that you cannot set a label via automatic partitioning.
> I just don't know that you can.

OK thanks for the advice, I'll follow that route.

Tariq Doukkali <tariq.doukkali@autoform.de> wrote:

> if you have already installed Debian with Gnome.
> Applications -> Accessories -> Disk Utility
> You can set the partitions labels.

Thanks, but having dropped Mageia so I could get rid of the KDE bloat, I'm not inclined to get into the Gnome bloat; and even more so when I read that Gnome will make systemd a dependency...

Cheers,

Ron.
--
        Boob's Law:
                You always find something in the last place you look.