Debian 6.2 and Systemd ?

First posting here: I have been playing with GNU-Linux ever since Slackware came on a stack of 1.4 floppies, been using Linux on my desktop since 1999 (Mandrake 6.0), recently switched to a Debian derivative (SolydX) to get away from KDE, and am now thinking of going to Debian proper.

Seems I have arrived in the middle of a heated controversy, about the merits of Systemd.

Which brings me to ask three questions:

- Installing Debian-XFCE 7.6 does this by default install/use systemd ? Is there a way to avoid this ?

- Is there a way in Debian to avoid using udev which, I suspect, has been causing me untold grief in SolydX ?

- Is there a way in Debian to avoid using UUIDs ?

TIA

Cheers,

Ron, on the banks of the Paaguay River.
--
                        He who says it cannot be done
                  should never interrupt he who is doing it.