Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

On 05/11/14 14:00, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> As JS posted - it's likely that the majority of us sit somewhere
>> in between the two extremes (Conservative Fundamentalists and
>> Cutting Edge Advocates).

>> I'd have to agree with another poster - it's logistically more
>> likely to succeed[*1] (and be less divisive) if it was a Debian
>> derivative.
>
> Isn't that a rather fine distinction?

No.

There's a *huge* difference between repackaging a small selection of
packages, around a small number of architectures aimed at a small range
of uses, and forking Debian.

Could you expand on why, as you infer, that is not such a "fine
distinction" - or are you "all froth and no beer"?

> How is a fork all that different than a derivative?

Having proposed that it's "a fine distinction" it would be more
appropriate to answer your own question and support your earlier claim -
don't you think?

>> [*1] I haven't noticed anyone volunteering to do the work - as
>> opposed to "organizing" others.
>
> Well, that's the point of the discussion

Clearly unrelated from that which you are responding to.

>  - to suss out who's willing
> and able to do the work.

Are you willing to do any of the work?

<snipped - off-subject FUD>

You've been given many opportunities to substantiate your claims - all
you've done is make assertions you will not back, avoid giving direct
answers to polite questions, attack those who don't toe your extremist
views as "systemd fanbois" and players in conspiracies, and claim
offence and attack where none was given.

Kind regards

--
"The victim that receives sympathy then feigns further distress, wanting
for more, shall receive only contempt" John Huxley