Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

Once upon a time Laurent Bigonville wrote:

> Using the threat of forking to make people change their mind or change
> a policy that has been decided by the project (the CTTE has been
> delegated by the project the power to take such decisions) is bad. If

The vote has barely started so nothing has been decided. I'm sure you
know the earlier decision is only about the default. As long as it can
easily be changed by the user I don't much care what the default is.
(This is not about Jessie, it is about the future.)

The current vote of whether default becomes a mandate, thus excluding
everyone else, is what's more important. To me as a long-term user of
debian.

> you want to fork just do it, do not send 100 mails to ML's, fork and
> start working.

I hope this type of exclusionary "love it or leave it" thinking is not
representative of debian as a whole. What happened to "universal
operating system"? I can speak only for myself but I don't imagine
anyone wants a fork. As long as debian continues to enable everyone
(systemd lovers and opponents) equally, everyone wins.

--
Jyri J. Virkki - Santa Cruz, CA