Re: Multiple desktops in lightdm?

On 03/11/14 11:20 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
I've been using lightdm, and it more or less works.

About a decade ago, on another ancient Linux, I could get multiple
desktops, selected by ctl-alt-f7 through f12.  Is there some way to set
up something like that with lightdm?

Just being able to dynamically add another desktop would be good,
actually; they don't have to all be there at boot.

In case it makes a difference, I'm running squeeze with the traditional
sysv init.  I use icewm and fvwm as window  managers and do not run gnome
or kde.  Not that some of those libraries aren't there anyway.

-- hendrik

Are you asking for multiple virtual desktops or the ability to log on multiple times to the same machine?