Re: Mount order after systemd update

Le 02/11/2014 18:32, Sven Hartge a écrit :
> Laurent Bigonville <bigon@debian.org> wrote:
>> Le Sun, 2 Nov 2014 16:17:05 +0100, Martin Manns <mmanns@gmx.net> a écrit :
>>> 1) I am never sure which device requests password entry first.
>>> Therefore, password choice is a gamble. Furthermore, password entry
>>> on startup looks weird because some weird red moving stars are shown
>>> instead of a prompt.
>> For this issue I would suggest to install plymouth, it should
>> serialized the output on the console and allow you to have a better
>> idea of what's happening on the console.
> Important note on plymouth: It is _not_ (only) for a graphical themed
> boot, contrary to popular belief. Only and only if you decide to install
> one of the plymouth-theme packages this feature will be active.
>
> To have a serialized console output it is sufficient to just install the
> plymouth package and nothing else.
>
> Grüße,
> Sven.

Thats NOT what is said in the pacakge description :
Description-en: Graphical Boot Animation and Logger
 Plymouth provides an attractive boot animation in place of the text
messages
 that normally get shown. Text messages are instead redirected to a
logfile for
 viewing after boot.

Which is consistent with upstream
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth/

  What is Plymouth?

Plymouth is an application that runs very early in the boot process
(even before the root filesystem is mounted!) that provides a graphical
boot animation while the boot process happens in the background.

Sorry, I don't give a dam about blinking mickeys while booting, I want
to see the messages. ALL the messages.