Re: Mount order after systemd update

Laurent Bigonville <bigon@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Sun, 2 Nov 2014 16:17:05 +0100, Martin Manns <mmanns@gmx.net> a écrit :

>> 1) I am never sure which device requests password entry first.
>> Therefore, password choice is a gamble. Furthermore, password entry
>> on startup looks weird because some weird red moving stars are shown
>> instead of a prompt.

> For this issue I would suggest to install plymouth, it should
> serialized the output on the console and allow you to have a better
> idea of what's happening on the console.

Important note on plymouth: It is _not_ (only) for a graphical themed
boot, contrary to popular belief. Only and only if you decide to install
one of the plymouth-theme packages this feature will be active.

To have a serialized console output it is sufficient to just install the
plymouth package and nothing else.

Grüße,
Sven.

--