Re: gnome: cannot use the applets (power, network settings, etc)

On 10/04/2014 11:35 AM, H.S. wrote:

Folks,

Since a few months now, I have not been able to use some settings from
the applets (top right corner of screen, gnome). The log off button
works, but reboot/shutdown doesn't. I am also not able to configure my
wired network connection from the applet. Any change I make does not
stick. Suspiciously seems like a permissions issue, but I can't track it
down. It used to work smoothly earlier.
<SNIP>
Suggestions on how to go about debugging and fixing this issue?

Thanks.

Turns out had to install systemd (what is new stuff anyway?) to make auto mounting work.

Still working on other issues.

ever having been read.