Re: Debian policy on alternate init systems

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
Le 04.10.2014 12:51, Joel Rees a écrit:
2014/10/04 17:30 "Curt" :

 > On 2014-10-03, berenger.morel@neutralite.org [2]  wrote:
 > >

 > > I like this one, because it makes me smile. I like pieces of
softwares
 > > with "play on words" (this translation sounds strange... is it
the
 > > correct one?)
 >
 > It's the correct one (jeu de mots).

also known as "pun".

> Oh, and apart from that, for people (if there are some here)
which
 > > thinks that systemd's attempt to simplify daemon scripts is
interesting,

 > But as I pointed out long ago systemd itself is a play on words
(le Système
 > D).
 >
 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_D [4]

Ergo, calling themselves hackers.

Donc, démerde-toi.

 > ;-)

Hmm. Should that be translated to English as "So make do with
yourself." or "Manage yourself." or "Hack yourself."?

:-/

I don't know, it means something like: do what you can with what you have. Usually, you obviously have almost nothing.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootstrapping

-wes