Re: Jessie netinstall CD on very limited internet connection.......

On Lu, 06 oct 14, 17:12:36, Charlie wrote:

> So I only asked because I thought that everything in the netinstall.iso
> was self contained till it hit the part where a mirror was sought, and
> then it would update and upgrade itself from that source? Obviously
> incorrect I see now. So sorry for the question.

In principle yes, the netinstall is self-contained and can install a
bootable system without internet connection. However, if a connection is
available the installer will try to update your system during the
installation.

If you're confident enough in your abilities to connect a minimal Debian
to the network you could just install without any connection and upgrade
later.

Kind regards,
Andrei