Re: [exim4] mixed up about terminology

Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> writes:

> The first question - why do you think you need to relay to other
> networks, even if they're your own?  Do you have other SMTP servers
> running on those networks?

Good question and apparently thee is no reason.  It stemmed from a deep
seated confusion about what relaying means.  All I really want is to
be able to do this:

On my lan machines:

HOST-1
HOST-2
[...]
HOST-mail-server now being configured

HOST-[12...N] would have the server host above listed as smarthost in
there respective mail config.

So they would all be sending mail by way of server host.

I guess that is not what is meant by relaying?