Re: [exim4] mixed up about terminology

Hello Harry,

On 05/10/14 18:01, Harry Putnam wrote:
> when running `dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'  I've run accross a few
> of the questions that are confusing to me...
>
> The current one I'm stumbling over is
>
> 1)  A question about listing of host IPs the smtp listener will
>     listen for...
All the hosts listed here will be able to send mails to your server.

> And then later on there is
> 2) A question about which hosts your server will relay for.

All the hosts listed here will be able to send any mail via your server
to a remote host, your server is not the destination for the mail.

You should leave the relay-list empty unless you really know what you
are doing. Mail to remote hosts should generally only be processed for
users that have authenticated to your SMTP-server.

Hope I could help,
Simon