Re: usb dvd drive does not mount automatically as it used to

On 05/10/14 13:39, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:05:30 +0100
José Silva <jsantossilva@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

My external dvd drive (usb) used to get automatically mounted on my
jessie x64 / xfce, at /media/cdrom if I recall. It doesn't anymore, I
guess due to updates I do daily. lsusb lists the device.

I wonder if this is connected to my post two days ago "wrong mount point
after update" about changes on usb devices mount, still waiting for help
from the helpful debian user list, by the way.

It could be, I answered to your previous topic, if you cannot remove
gnome-disk-utility then try to disable it or configure from it's own
interface (from GNOME), but I never used it.

Thank you for replying.

As I said, I deleted the two entries on fstab and the first problem was solved.

Concerning the usb cd drive, on the process of trying to solve this, I did an update which I had stopped doing while waiting for your reply, and saw an update to mount passing by. After this, the problem was also solved.

Concerning gnome-disk-utility, I find it very useful and I miss an xfce alternative for it. It gives me a quick overall picture of all my disks, both mounted and not, with all partitions and free space on the mounted ones. It also allows me to manipulate the disks, which I don't use, I prefer the command line for this.

Thank you again for your help.

Regards,
jss