audio bug

Jessie and Wheezy
Reproducible
PulseAudio

It should be noted that Audacious was set to use PulseAudio, and that when set to Alsa instead, Audacious lowers the system volume as well as increases it and this decibel bug as reported below does not happen.

Circumstance:
Audacious is open.
When adjusting the volume in Audacious music player it affects the PulseAudio volume, but only when increasing volume; the volume in PulseAudio (the taskbar) increases to the same percentage that Audacious is set to.

Jessie only:
When the volume is then decreased in the taskbar, the volume output (decibel) is lower than it should be by Jessie standards. I noticed this when viewing a flash video in Iceweasel; I had to turn the volume up to double what it was at to hear it. However, this was while the flash video was playing (I was taking advantage of Audacious' multimedia hotkeys plugin to increase the volume). When I stopped all sound output and then refreshed the flash video's page it was back to Jessie's decibel levels. I could hear a sharp crack when the decibel level reset.

I reproduced this 3 times.
I'm not entirely sure this is a bug, since I was taking advantage of Audacious to raise my system sound, but this is not an issue when Audacious is using Alsa.

I noticed that in Jessie the volume output is higher than in Wheezy at a lower percentage; I favor Jessie's volume/decibel output levels.