Re: lvm: creating a snapshot

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 08:43:06PM +0200, lee wrote:
> > Can I create a snapshot over the network on disks an another
> > machine?
>
> No

You can, but not trivially. Use nbd, iscsi or similar to share a block
device over the network, and then use lvm on top of that.

Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves
exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves
only the unanimity of the graveyard.
 -- Justice Roberts in 319 U.S. 624 (1943)