Re: Akai EIE pro

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:38 PM, John Aten
<welcome.to.eye.o.rama@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to record audio with Wheezy through the Akai EIE Pro audio interface. Akai does not officially support Linux. I have searched around the internet, and mostly all I can find are forum posts, from people trying to get it to work, that remain unsolved. I tried out ArtistX, thinking that it might work right out of the box, but it wasn't available as an input source.
>
> Anyone have any leads on what I might be able to do?

Hi John,

Have you checked ALSA's website to see if it supports your device?  I
was in a similar situation when I bought my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 a
couple years ago.  The company supports Windows and Mac only, but
after searching the database I found it is supported it OOTB.  See the
link below.

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main

While there is a link for AKAI devices in the list, you will need to
know your device's chipset.  Hope that helps!

--
Pete Orrall
pete@cs1x.com