am1i-a + athlon 5350 + Debian live lxde 7.6.0 = failure

Hello list. I just tried to install Debian in the above config and failed. I got black screen and when I pressed ctr+alt+del I got the following at the top of the screen: xfree - invalid pointer with a lot of other stuff all realated to xfree and its modules. My system freezes. Any ideas? Is my system too new to 7.6.0 or I overlooked something else? I made USB boot disk with unetbooting if that matters. Is anyone running 7.6.0 with am1 setup? Thanks a lot for possible clues.