Re: xen bootcamp (was: xen: was Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd) upstream

On Mi, 01 oct 14, 12:20:31, Reco wrote:

> So they say. They also say that NetBSD was the first, and it is the most
> portable of BSDs.
> But the reality is that BSD people say you 'it runs on this platform'
> that usually means they give you so called 'base system' and a
> toolchain. And if you have *a lot* of free time, you can build any
> software you like as long as it's ported.
> Debian (I need to compare BSD with something, do I?) says that 'it runs
> on this platform' only once most (90% IIRC) software from the main

Actually it's 98% according to
https://release.debian.org/jessie/arch_policy.html

> archive is actually built *and* runs on said platform.

Built, yes, runs... its always good if a package has tests (either from
upstream or as part of DEP 8 http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/)

Kind regards,
Andrei