Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

Reco writes:
 >  Hi.
 >
 > On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:28:55AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
 > > > Header files are arch-agnostic, it's the .la files that case all
 > > > the trouble.
 > >
 > > I'm afraid that's not always the case. I've encountered specific cases
 > > where the headers are different between architectures.
 >
 > Hmm. Kernel headers come to mind, but for typical userspace headers
 > that's unusual.

I admit that I skipped most of the discussion, but consider that this
statement is true if and only if for "userspace headers" you refer to
/usr/include and such files. These header do refer to the local
architecture (both HW and SW), henceforth there are not architectural
differences.

In my experience the header files in the source of a program are the
place where you deal with architecture (HW/SW) difference.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO