Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:46:04 +0200
lee <lee@yagibdah.de> wrote:

> Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@43-1.org> writes:
>
> > If you don't want to use Debian then don't. But if you don't even
> > want to use it, making lots of complaints about it seems uncalled
> > for...
>
> There is a difference between using something because it works and
> using something because you want to use it.

Not only that, but this is an unusual case. It's not like we did our
shopping, didn't like what we saw, and bitched about it. We had an
operating system, somebody vastly altered it, some of us see the vast
alterization basically breaking the software, and we bitched about
having someone, even though they're developers, break our software.

Time (like 3 or 4 years) will tell whether we were spot on or whether
we were Chicken Little, but if we were right, Debian will *never* be
able to assume its former role, and as a matter of fact, the way things
are going, that can be said for all of Linux.

So actually, I hope I'm wrong.

SteveT