Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> writes:

> About the only thing that I'm missing here is why would anyone should
> compile anything on a production server, Xen's dom0 specifically (as it
> seems to be the main lee's concern).

I didn't have a server back then --- and software to run on my computer
which worked fine until some change was made and it suddenly didn't work
anymore.  Package managers told me that the problem won't be fixed and
to install packages from experimental which wouldn't have solved the
problem and couldn't be installed without more or less upgrading my
system to experimental.  They call it "multiarch", I call it brokenarch.
IIRC, that was before current stable was relased, and there was no
chance that the problem would be fixed with the next stable release.

Hence I needed a replacement for Debian and switched to Fedora.  Leaving
users stranded like this is a big no and has destroyed 15+ years of
trust into Debian.

Now they are planning to do something like that again by forcing systemd
upon their users, proving me right in what I've been thinking when they
suddenly enforced brokenarch: That something causing trouble to such an
extend is likely to cause further trouble sooner than later.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.