Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

Ahoj,

Dňa Sun, 28 Sep 2014 18:08:39 +0100 Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
napísal:

> On Sunday 28 September 2014 17:01:45 Martin Read wrote:
> > >
> > > Nonsense!!  You can have TDE for a start, and I am sure that
> > > there are others.
> >
> > The Trinity Desktop Environment is not, as far as I can readily
> > determine, available *in* Debian, only *for* Debian.
>
> That isn't what Salvko specifuied.  He said that you can't have a DE
> in Debian without systemd.  You can.

aptitude search ~dtrinity -w 50
p   trinity           - system call fuzz tester
p   trinity:i386      - system call fuzz tester

Which from these two packages are for you mentioned DE? Or my search
missing something? Or you want to play with words only?

BTW, what you recommends is to change the DE due systemd, strange
solution. I want the exact opposite solution - i want to change the
(now default) init system due DE. And if you dont know why, then i will
tell you - because most of my work is done in DE, then change DE is
bigger change, than change the init system, which my system needs
*only* at start. But it seems, that here are people, which can do
anything, to accomplish, that the systemd is best. Sad...

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk