Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

Am Samstag, 27. September 2014, 22:13:21 schrieb lee:
> Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> writes:
> >>
> >> Could you please provide a link to that?
> >
> > Lee´s comments like this completely prove to me that Lee does not want any
> > change from status quo.
>
> Your assumption is wrong.  I appreciate change for the better, not for
> the worse, and in case of systemd, I don't believe that there is any way
> to change anything about it.

So you just complain here over and over again to vent your frustration?

If you do not believe systemd upstream is willing to help with the change you
want to see, there are endless other ways to help to facilitate changes. I
listed some here in other posts: Organize a vote and present result to
upstream developers, install systemd-shim and cgmanager and test it, install
init-select and test it, install openrc and test it, help systembsd people,
help packaging it for Debian once ready or help find a packager… start affirming
daily for changes to happen and… and… and…

So I still stand by it: If you remain in *complaining* and continue to resist
*something* about what you want to see as a change… you effectively don´t want
change.

Your bug report regarding systemd is a start. There are other options. I
repeated them here again.

And no, I don´t want to hear rationalizations why none of my suggestion can
work at all. This is still free software, this is still open source, this is
still forkable, there are *tons* of option for helping change.

Maybe some my not be as comfortable as you wish… but helping with change often
needs *some* effort.

> Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Why? Why do think I would waste my own time like this?

I decided to give systemd a chance on my systems and see what this brings me.
I decided for a practical approach. And so far the systems I installed it on
didn´t explode or anything like this.

Ciao,