Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

On 09/26/2014 06:06 AM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Am Freitag, 26. September 2014, 10:43:14 schrieb Andrei POPESCU:
On Vi, 26 sep 14, 01:58:44, lee wrote:
Again, I consider it to be totally futile to try to convince the makers
of systemd to fix the issues it brings about.  They cannot be unaware of
them, so obviously they don't want to fix them.  I've seen for myself
that they don't want to fix even little bugs which would be easy to fix
from the bug report I made about their misunderstanding of what
"disabled" means.

Could you please provide a link to that?

Lee´s comments like this completely prove to me that Lee does not want any
change from status quo.

As he so far I read here refuses any and all suggestions to *act* towards
change. I may have missed something here as I didn´t do myself the harm to
read every post of every systemd related thread here, so if I did, mea culpa.

But from what I read so far, Lee don´t want change. He prefers to put his
energy into complaining about status quo instead. That leaves no energy for
facilitating change.

Change is certainly needed when any pimple face kid can edit and hide his doings from a text log with nano. I think the change is necessary to harden up our systems. Otherwise, Microsoft will become the only secure server OS, as they don't mind hiding things at all.

Yes, it is a work in progress, but I think the main goal is signed binaries that discourage the Black Hats ...at least for awhile. What is telling is that no one is talking about that. Linux does indeed run the majority of the web servers, so consider that if every major Linux Distro is working in concert for a change, there has to be compelling reasons behind it, and that we may not be privy to their reasonings for security's sake. The Net has been proven to be as secure as Swiss Cheese lately, and that makes Linux look very bad, if not half-assed.
:/ Ric

Linux user# 44256