Re: About dependency creep

On 25/09/14 18:16, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
The KDE project has spent *years* of development to reduce dependency creep.

I don't think KDE is the problem here. I don't remember ever having run into a situation where installing a non-DE package resulted in KDE components being pulled in. But that happens all the time with Gnome, to the extent that nowadays you can do practically nothing with your Debian PC if you want to avoid Gnome. And these Gnome dependencies contribute nothing but cruft to a non-DE desktop.