Re: There is no choice

On 9/22/2014 10:55 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:31:57AM -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>
>> Obviously it is important enough to enough users that it continues here.
>>  And shutting people up is not going to make the problem go away.  It
>> will, however, make users go away.  I, for one, am looking at other
>> systems now.  And I think it is highly likely this path will force
>> another fork of Debian, as occurred when Ubuntu forked.
>
> Oh Please! There are plenty of Debian derivatives. No doubt there will
> always be derivatives, but your insinuation that these derivatives occur
> because of problems within Debian, is incorrect. Please stop spreading
> FUD!

And why are there derivatives?  Because someone didn't like something
about Debian.  To them there was a problem.

People don't go to a lot of trouble to create a derivative without a
reason.  You may not agree with that reason - but they have a reason.
It is not FUD.

But then you seem to be fond of calling anything you don't agree with FUD.

Jerry