Re: There is no choice

On 09/20/2014 09:51 PM, Don Armstrong wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2014, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
It seems the developers make the decisions and users feel left out.
What we want does not seem to matter.

There are positive methods of influencing the decisions that Debian
makes and negative methods.

Positive methods include:

1) filing accurate bug reports
2) participating in technical discussions with specific use cases
3) running tests
4) contributing documentation
5) clarifying the technical ramifications

and a whole host of other aspects too numerous to mention here. If
anyone reading this is unsure of how they can contribute to Debian, feel
free to contact me (or any other Debian volunteer, really) at any time.

Negative methods include all kinds of personal attacks, maligning Debian
in general, or continually posting the same arguments after decisions
have been made without new information. These methods are not
appropriate, and do not belong on Debian mailing lists.

Now maybe the users DO matter, and developers DO listen to us. If that
is the case, you need to communicate that fact better.

I'm here, listening. Other DDs are to.

Then please hear this: Thank you for your service. I'm happy as can be on this end. I haven't experienced a mission-critical bug at all. Someone is doing something right. Not just mere "right", it has been the "Right Thing". It doesn't get any better than that in my book. Ric

Linux user# 44256