Re: There is no choice

On 21/09/14 16:15, lee wrote:
Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk> writes:
Nothing about the process of providing a Debian package looks
ridiculously difficult to me.

I started to read the huge documentation about how to do it and didn't
get anywhere with it.

I had that experience. Then I found these convenient pages on the Debian wiki instead:

https://wiki.debian.org/IntroDebianPackaging
https://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian
https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

and suddenly it all felt much more civilized. (Honestly, getting my Makefile and hand-rolled configure script "up to code" were more hassle than the actual process of Debianizing it once I had my DESTDIR support and out-of-tree build support implemented.)