Re: There is no choice

On 9/21/2014 12:03 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:57:36 -0400
> Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2014 11:41 AM, Steve Litt wrote:

>>> I'm going to (re)try Gentoo next weekend, and Funtoo the weekend
>>> after that. I had originally written off Gentoo as way too much of
>>> a hassle, but a read part way through
>>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708 has made me
>>> willing to accept a much higher hassle level to continue using a
>>> modular, sane and POSIX operating system.
>>>
>>> SteveT
>>>
>>> Steve Litt                *  http://www.troubleshooters.com/
>>> Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance
>>>

>> Steve,
>>
>> I don't know which way I'm going to go.  But it's another thing I need
>> to add to my already overstuffed plate.  Not exactly what I need
>> right now!
>
> Yeah, I hear you. Less than a year ago I had a distro shootout to
> get rid of Plymouth laden Ubuntu, and now here I go again. I have books
> to write and marketing to do, and I'm once again switching distros, and
> now there's a Redhat led group who has somehow co-opted most of the
> distros, making it even harder.
>
> I'll let you know what I find out the next two weekends.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt                *  http://www.troubleshooters.com/
> Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance

I appreciate that, Steve.  It's a bit more difficult for me because I'
not really a sysadmin.  I'm a developer who's basically been forced into
the sysadmin position due to circumstances.

Fortunately there are good books, and reading this list has been a great
help.  But some things I've found on the internet are problematical.  I
take what I read from most sites with a grain of salt.

Jerry