Re: There is no choice

On 9/21/2014 11:41 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:31:57 -0400
> Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> I haven't said much until now, but I have followed the subject in
>> depth the whole time.  And I, for one, am very happy this was brought
>> to my attention.  It has allowed me to make an intelligent decision
>> as to whether to upgrade or go to another distro.
>
> I'm going to (re)try Gentoo next weekend, and Funtoo the weekend after
> that. I had originally written off Gentoo as way too much of a hassle,
> but a read part way through
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727708 has made me
> willing to accept a much higher hassle level to continue using a
> modular, sane and POSIX operating system.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt                *  http://www.troubleshooters.com/
> Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance

Steve,

I don't know which way I'm going to go.  But it's another thing I need
to add to my already overstuffed plate.  Not exactly what I need right now!

But better to know about it now than when testing the upgrade and all of
a sudden find I have to go to a new distro.

It's one of the big reasons why I subscribe to Debian Users.

Jerry

Jerry