Re: There is no choice

On Saturday 20 September 2014 21:20:15 Don Armstrong wrote:
> you're actively
> draining existing contributor's desire to continue working on Debian.

This is what I have been so afraid of all along.  All this criticism is so
demoralising and demotivating.

Please, Don, carry on.  I for one am very grateful for what you and others do,
that I do not know enough to do for myself.  And I am sure that I am not in
fact alone.

We have essentially four choices.

1)  We can use what we are offered, and be grateful that we are offered it.
Thank you springs to mind.

2) We can maintain or write the software we want that is not being maintained
or written by someone else.

3) We can pay someone to maintain or write the softare we want that we cannot
(for whatever reason) do for ourselves.  (This is essentially what has
happened with Squeeze LTS).

4)  We can be very grateful for all the work that is being done for us for
nothing.

5) We can say thank you.

6) We can find something we like better and use that.

7)  We can say thank you.

Thank you, Don and all the rest of you.  You are doing a sterling job.  I am
not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.  If I want a different horse I
must buy or breed it myself.  Or find onother donor.

Lisi