Re: Getting rid of that Skype completely and forever with a video chat solution under *my* control, any suggestion? (was: Re: Faking it with skype)

On Sat 20 Sep 2014 at 20:52:35 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Am Samstag, 20. September 2014, 21:14:08 schrieb Reco:
> >
> > http://tox.im
> >
> > Free software, decentralized, should do most of the things you expect
> > from IM. Not in Debian main archive yet, though.
>
> Wow, this looks good. Installed venom into Debian Sid via adding repository
> from then. Is online instantly.
>
> Now I need someone to test with. :)

There might be one or two people about using the same method. Search
thoroughly; they could pop up.

I think you have just highlighted the problem of communicating with
friends and family without using skype.  :)