Re: Ideal Debian distro for Asus Notebook?

On 20/09/14 11:13 AM, Sreedhav Sistla wrote:
Dear sir/Madam,
I have an Asus Notebook ,Model: X550L with just MSDOS on it. My intention was to install Linux Debian OS on it!

I have read the linux-on-laptops.com/(this <http://linux-on-laptops.com/%28this> particular model was not listed under Asus) and need your help in selecting the Debian distro'! I have been using an Debian distro MX-14 Symbiosis for 6 months,so not a total newbie!
                      Thanks and regards,
                                                    Dr.Sreedhav
**"Thinking IS Wanting"-- UG KRISHNAMURTHI (DEPARTED IN 2007).FOR MORE INFO' ON THIS QUOTE--- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrfQwJcHj8U**

This is a reasonably powerful notebook that is probably running Windows, not MSDOS. Any version of Linux will probably run fairly well on it. It doesn't use any strange hardware so things should just work.

I recommend Debian/Testing (Jessie) which has been quite stable in use and is more up to date than Debian/Stable (Wheezy). You can also try the latest Linux Mint distribution, which is Debian-based and quite popular.