Re: Faking it with skype

On 20/09/2014, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 September 2014 08:00:16 Bret Busby wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't use Skype so can't test, but why not try just changing the
>> > number
>> > as
>> >
>> > has been suggested, and as has apparently worked for some other people?
>> >
>> > Lisi
>>
>> I had already tried one method of doing that - using  the suggested
>> method which involved using sed - which was offered as an alternative
>> to using a hexeditor (which option scared me)
>
> Ah!  That answers my question.  Perhaps the time has come to grasp the bull
> by
> the horns?  The lesser evil?  And it may turn out a good deal less fearsome
>
> than you expect.
>
> Lisi

Unfortunately, as indicated by subsequent posts in this and a later,
related, thread, Microshite's ongoing campaign of sabotage of
technology, has apparently overcome the particular fix.

Hopefully, sometime, someone will successfully destroy the
deathstar-like entity that is Microshite.

And, hopefully, the original Skype developers will create a new Skype
facility, free of Microshite.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale