Re: Faking it with skype

On 20/09/2014, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 September 2014 07:32:54 Bret Busby wrote:
>> It has just occurred to me - I believe that the appropriuate term for
>> the Microsucks action, is crippleware. Microsucks has crippled
>> versions of Skype, that have version numbers earlier than 4.3.
>
> I don't use Skype so can't test, but why not try just changing the number as
>
> has been suggested, and as has apparently worked for some other people?
>
> Lisi

I had already tried one method of doing that - using  the suggested
method which involved using sed - which was offered as an alternative
to using a hexeditor (which option scared me), and the option using
sed, did not work, and I had posted the errors that arose from tring
to use the sed method.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale