Re: Jessie and Systemd integration

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 08:59:54PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 19 sep 14, 18:14:42, Joe wrote:
> > I'd certainly prefer that a systemd upgrade wasn't mandatory
> > during a wheezy-jessie upgrade.
>
> See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=762194 It seems to
> me like whatever the outcome will be there will be a clearly documented
> procedure for how to stick with sysvinit.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

.
Thanks for the information Andrei. Really useful!

Do you know, why DDs are insisting to include a bit of Systemd? Could it be
possible that it is to keep the control for the NSA? As grub, SeLinux, Dbus, Polkit
and others. I do not use Grub, i use Lilo! In Wheezy, we have Systemd, introduced
subrepticialy; # dpkg -l | grep systemd and you can see! I am not in Debian rigth now.

>From the thread:
"I agree with documenting this: we should have a very clear statement in
the release notes documenting the new default init system, and stating
that anyone wishing to continue using sysvinit should install
sysvinit-core and systemd-shim.  We should also have a NEWS entry in an
appropriate package, for the benefit of users with apt-listchanges
installed.

I would also propose introducing a separate alternative requesting an
explicit unconditional prompt on upgrade; while not optimal, it would be
easy enough to add, and still preferable to having a different default
for upgrades than for new installs.

- Josh Triplett"