Re: Jessie and Systemd integration

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 01:51:56 +1200
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 05:04:02PM +0100, J Rowan wrote:
> >
> > I'm aware that nothing can possibly be set in stone yet, but the
> > people responsible for systemd-shim and other compatibility
> > components must have a fair idea whether these are intended as
> > temporary workarounds until 'all' packages are compatible with
> > systemd, or whether they are expected to remain permanent parts of
> > Debian.
>
> Right. But also consider:
>
> Don't worry, the issue is being treated very seriously.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that one. I'm living with systemd on a couple of
sids, but one is a new install on my workstation replacing one which
was upgraded to systemd and became a bit too fragile to use. I dare say
the process will be refined a bit by the time jessie goes stable, but
I'm a bit wary of systemd-upgraded installations vs. systemd-installed
ones. I'd certainly prefer that a systemd upgrade wasn't mandatory
during a wheezy-jessie upgrade.

--
Joe