Re: Jessie and Systemd integration

J Rowan writes:
> Yes, this is understood, but is it the final word? We have a
> 'technology preview' of systemd in Wheezy, it will be the default in
> Jessie. Will it remain the default in the forseeable future or is it
> expected to become mandatory in a later release?

Debian policy is that for the foreseeable future alternative init
systems will be supported as long as there are developers who are
willing and able to support them (but then, this is the Debian policy on
pretty much everything).  Whether or not your favorite desktop
conglomeration will be able to live without Systemd will be largely up
to its upstream.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com