Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 06:42:29AM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2014 23:14:33 Martin Read wrote:
> > Ahem. *Northern* Ireland.
> >
> > *Ireland*, unqualified, is the name of the second largest of the British
> > Isles, and of the parliamentary republic which occupies five-sixths of
> > that island.
>
> Mea culpa!  I stand corrected.  But at that rate we have the Dáil *and*
> Stormont - and England still has no Parliament. ;-)

Sorry  to correct  you, too,  but Northern  Ireland has  an Assembly[1],
similar to Wales.  "Stormont" may be used as a  metonym[2] for the same,
but that's like saying that the UK  has a Westminster and Scotland has a
Holyrood.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland_Assembly
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonymy