Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

Charlie writes:
> Though I'm not a programmer and really know very little about Debian
> [as someone once said - the lifetime learning experience] imagine the
> installer could present a choice of systemd or sys** whatever? The
> wiki could point out advantages and disadvantages of both?

That is being vigorously debate on debian-devel.  The technical
committee ruled that Systemd should be come the default init system
(though that decision could be overruled by the developers in General
Resolution) but the details are still being discussed.  It seems clear
to me that you are not going to get silently "upgraded" when you do a
dist-upgrade.

--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com