Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

On 09/15/2014 11:33 AM, Bzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:07:35 -0400
Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

Most of us are no interested in what Stallman or whoever created back
in 1995. We don't think of Linux as GNU.

Ahhh, so you are the declared and _democratically elected_ spokesman
of, let's say 80% of the Linux community (shit, I should read more
news and articles: nobody told me about that!)

Linux is much more Unix than
anything else.

This is an interesting declaration, although it calls for a tiny
bit more than your words for us to agree.

And it certainly is _not_ what GNU was back then.

Once again, this is your words, please develop that in a way
we, poor dumb asses of users (but ô highly represented ;-p),
can understand.

I don't like to get involved in this dumb tirade, but the GNU business
grates on me!

Ohhh, as a spokesman you aren't very friendly to the people
you're representing - so once again, pleeease develop your rant
so we, poor dumb users, can understand why GNU, which has been our
guardian and in a manner our way of life for the last 30 years,
is sooo meeean (Richard, if you read me, it's whenever you want:)

Sorry, I see only that he represented his views, which also happens to coincide with my own. Please, if you have to label someone, you've lost your argument's points from the get-go. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256