Re: brasero requires gvfs

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> On 2014-09-07 02:30 +0200, lee wrote:
>
>> Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> writes:
>>
>>> Ahoj,
>>>
>>> Dňa Sat, 06 Sep 2014 02:08:47 +0200 lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> napísal:

>>> I see it in the same manner, and then i agree with you. I see there
>>> some questions which need to be answered:
>>
>> I don't think they will fix the bug because:
>>

>> [~] aptitude why libsystemd-login0
>> i   xfce4    Depends xfconf (>= 4.8.0)
>> i A xfconf   Depends dbus-x11
>> i A dbus-x11 Depends dbus
>> i A dbus     Depends libsystemd-login0 (>= 31)
>> [~]
>>

>> They must fix dbus to be able to work without systemd first.  So I guess
>> we need to make a bug report against dbus because it must not depend on
>> systemd for Debian to be able to support alternative init systems so
>> that users aren't forced into systemd.
>
> Dbus depends on libsystemd-login0, not on systemd.  It forces you to use
> systemd as much as its dependency on libselinux1 forces you to turn on
> selinux, i.e. not at all.

It forces you not to be able to keep your system free from systemd.

>> The concept of free software has become a myth :(
>
> There is always Gentoo if libraries you consider useless bother you.
> Binary distributions tend to enable all possibly useful features.

How long will you be able to keep a Gentoo installation free from
systemd?

Supporting a variety of init systems cannot mean that features which
have nothing to do with any of the init systems are simply disabled
unless a particular one is used.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.